IFB Icon

IFB Instagram

Saturday, June 29, 2013

It's Been A While...

I apologize for my absence lately, LIFE has been happening!  Since we got home from Europe, things have been CRAZY!   When you leave town for three weeks, you pay for it severely once you get home.  The fun part is having lunches, dinners and happy hours with friends to catch up!

I have been so bad about taking pics before I go out so I only have a couple to share with you today.  To make up for my lack of posts lately, I am putting a lot of looks and links in ONE big long post!! 

 I am in the midst of figuring out a solution to my embarrassingly low quality self portraits.  I am thinking weekly photo shoots with the clothes and having a photographer (aka my darling husband) take them for me and post one every day or so.  That way I can give you guys better quality on here.  I appreciate you bearing with me ;).



I was so excited to come home to these gems...I ordered these shoes for our Europe trip and they didn't arrive in Austin until two days after we landed in Europe.  Luckily I have the Hamptons coming up so I can sport them there, after wearing them here, it's a bit too hot!  Aren't they EVERYTHING?!?!  Again, we know I am obsessed with all things monogram, so of course I got my initials placed on the top.  These shoes are custom  and hand made from Germany.  Ordering them was a feat in and of itself!  Then they took 6 weeks to make and another 3 to get to me…totally worth it though! They come in so many colors that I am definitely going to have to order more colors.  If you order them, keep in mind that the price is in Euro's..not dollars!  http://www.blissany.com/schoshoes-helene.html

Here I am wearing my new shoes on my way to chop my hair!  No more top knot tutorials for me for a while!  Loving white and neutral colors this season, they look so clean and cool together.

Shirt: Zara
Necklace: Alexis Bittar
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Ring: Kendra Scott
Jeans: J Brand
Shoes: Scho Shoes


Here I am right after chopping off my locks…10 whole inches!!  It took some getting used to, once I got the hang of styling it.  Hair by Farah Reid at I Love You Pink Salon.



About to go to dinner with a girl friend, feeling sassy in red!  Maxi's are a great way to dress up an outfit but still be super comfy and cool in the summer.  It's all about comfort in our Texas heat!  However, you don't have to compromise style for comfort, you CAN have it all!!

Top: Zara
Ring: Kendra Scott
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Belt: Target
Skirt: Etsy
Shoes: Tory Burch

A few months back I was asked to judge a pageant.  Luckily I had the perfect dress for the occasion.  While we were in London, Chris bought me this great Ted Baker dress at Harrod's as one of my birthday presents!  This dress was so awesome that I didn't even add many accessories to jazz it up, it was designed with the perfect amount of flare!  Those built in modern shoulder pads and peplum ruffle are rockin'!  Can we please talk about that bright gold zipper that you can use as a teaser?  Show as little or as much as you please.  Zip it to match your style!  Find it here: http://www.tedbaker-london.com/store/womens/zip-detail-dress-GD06-WS3W-JAMTHUN-00.html

Earrings: Chanel
Dress: Ted Baker
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik
Bangle: Neiman Marcus Cusp




Grabbing coffee with a  friend , running errands and then volunteering, needed to be comfy and look nice for my little old ladies I drive around!

Sweater: J Crew
Pants: J Crew
Pearls: Nordstrom
Shoes: Chanel

Here I am on the lake..we are trying to enjoy our boat a little more often.  Ordered this suit 4 months ago and it finally came in while we were in Europe too!  Came home to so many goodies :)  Get your monogrammed bikini here:  http://www.tinytulip.com/monogrammed-bandeau-bathing-suit-tube-top

Suit: Tiny Tulip
Earrings: Tiffany & Co.
Sunnies: Chanel



Off to dinner with friends.  Mixing a classic peplum top with some fun bright colored pants adds a modern touch to a timeless look.  And I cannot stress enough how important red pumps are to own!  They add so much sass to any outfit! Business at the top, party at the bottom…or something of that nature!

Top: J Crew
Necklace: J Crew
Pants: J Crew
Shoes: Manolo Blahnik



Still crazy for polka dots and cork!  BTW, I wore my pearl earrings with this to go with the polka dot look.  One of the many weird things I think of to complete my everyday looks.  It's a beautiful Saturday outside and it's expected to be a scorching 106 today…needless to say, I am dressing for thoccasion!  And boy am I feeling some East Coast Inspiration...

Earrings: Tiffany & Co Pearls
Necklace: MK Designs
Shirt: Zara
Shorts: J Crew
Cork Belt: J Crew
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman
Cork Bangle: J Crew
Feather Ring: J Crew
Watch: Kate Spade


Stay tuned for my "Europe Observations", I made a list while I was visiting just for YOU!

Xoxo,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment