IFB Icon

IFB Instagram

Thursday, June 6, 2013

Queen of Versailles & Maison Chanel

Today we woke up early to go visit Versailles.  It was quite the place.  Seeing the Hall of Mirrors in person was really neat.  They are restoring the fountains and a portions of the Palace.  I honestly could have done the gardens alone and skipped the inside!

Our main reason for going was to ride bikes through Versailles.  That was worth the trip alone.  The weather was warm and sunny.  Not a cloud in the sky!  It was like something out of a dream!  Drinking champagne and enjoying a picnic on the great lawns of this grand palace!

You may recognize my dress?!  I'm all about repeating outfits,  just switching up the jewelry or shoes.  Even just changing your hair can change the look of an entire ensemble.  Last time you saw me in this I dressed it up for our restaurants opening.  This time I wore my cork peep toe flats and a cardigan with my hair half up.  It changed the look entirely.  It couldn't have been a better outfit for visiting such a grand place (in my humble opinion;))  I wanted a timeless look with a touch of class!  I may wear it again in Monaco,  I'm on a lengthy vacation and options are getting slim at this point!!

Sunnies: Chanel
Clutch: Christian Louboutin
Cardigan: J Crew
Dress: Moulinette Soeurs
Shoes: Stuart Weitzman

Now can we please get to the BEST part of our day (for me)?!  I got to go to the House of Chanel.  Here,  I am photographed sitting on the famous steps up that go to the second floor of her apartment!  She walked up and down these steps every day!  Pretty freaking spectacular getting to pose on them like the great Mademoiselle Coco Chanel!!!  A little history lesson,  when Chanel first began,  she was a hat maker.  The House of Chanel is the same place it was when she first began: 31 Rue de Cambon!!


This is a picture of the Happiest girl in the world!!! :-)  

After this,  we walked to three different Cafés and had a glass of Bordeaux.  Then enjoyed a break in the shade on some lush green grass.  Now we are back at the hotel about to grab dinner.  Tomorrow,  we head to Nice (the South of France)!  Our Tour de France officially commences at 6 AM! Au Revoir!

XOXO,
B

No comments:

Post a Comment