IFB Icon

IFB Instagram

Thursday, May 16, 2013

Be Beautiful on the Inside

Being beautiful on the inside, in my opinion, far supersedes being beautiful on the outside.  I unfortunately have known plenty of drop dead gorgeous girls that are mean as hell...therefore in the "Ugly" category.  

To attempt to be my prettiest inside and out I do a lot of personal work.  Each day I attempt to do one thing that challenges myself to be a better person.  At the end of the day everyone wins.  It's a huge self esteem booster and those around you get the pleasure of seeing your best!

One of the things I do, is read a blog called "The Daily Love" every morning.  The email gets into my inbox around 6:30 AM each morning.  When I check my email in the morning it's the first thing I read.  The writer is named Mastin Kipp.  He is a life coach in a spiritual sense.  Somedays his stuff doesn't resonate with me, and other days it's spot on!  The BEST part, is he begins every blog with great quotes from philosophers and other inspiring people that should be philosophers!




Some other great ways for self improvement or self growth are:
~Read Self Help Books...they aren't just for people going through a rough spot
~See a Life Coach or Spiritual Leader
~Take 5 minutes of every day to "center" yourself (aka, quiet time with complete relaxation)
~VOLUNTEER
~Exercise to feel good instead of look good, the later will happen either way!
~Before getting out of bed, say positive affirmations (i.e. today will be a great day, today I will help others, etc.)
~"Google" ways to be a better person, the one catch here...then DO those things!
~Surround yourself daily with people who uplift, support, love and INSPIRE you!  Let the emotional energy zappers go.

And one of my personal faves:
~ Write a daily gratitude journal, it has been studied and proven that people who keep gratitude journals are happier people.  Just write 5 things each day, maybe set an alarm on your phone to remind you.  It can be as simple as "I am so happy I had a great hair day today!" or "I am grateful for my husband." or "I am so glad that I made it through this rough afternoon."  Spin the negatives and make them a positive...pretty cool huh?!?!  Gosh I feel better just after typing these things....even though today was not a good hair day for me...so I am grateful for my top knot and how it took away my bad hair day ;)!!  In all seriousness though, we are all so blessed in so many ways, it's important to tell God or the Uni-verse that you are grateful for these things!

What are you grateful for today?

Xoxo,
B

2 comments:

  1. Love this post! I actually worked with Mastin a few summers ago at a festival in Lake Tahoe -- an amazing guy!

    ReplyDelete
    Replies
    1. That sounds amazing! What a cool experience, I have always wanted to meet him and just hang out to see what he is like :)

      Delete