IFB Icon

IFB Instagram

Sunday, May 19, 2013

Dressing for the Occasion

My husband and I went to the special viewing party for our new Mexican restaurant last night.  That being said, please excuse any typos or sentences that just don't make sense, I am a bit worn out today!

When dressing for an occasion such as these, there is a fine line between being over dressed and under dressed.  I was perusing through Anthropologie a couple of months back and stumbled upon this gem!  I saw it and knew immediately that it was what I needed for this particular event.

First off, green is my favorite color of all time.  Secondly, the floral print had that Mexican flare I was looking for on this occasion.  It was a very lady like, timeless length, which I love.  On to my FAVORITE part of this dress...it has pockets!!!!!!  Holy moly, you better believe that this dress is being packed for our Eurotrip next week.  I think I will pair it with my cork flats and do a low chignon to walk through Versailles or Monaco, all whilst having my hands in said pockets!

Anyway, I paired this casual yet chic dress with a pair of heels, an evening clutch, a festive Spanish style side chignon and voila.  Not too dressy and not too casual.

Now can we please talk about how perfect my gorgeous husband looks?  Although, I am a bit biased since I styled him myself.  It's Southern gentleman mixed with the East Coast prep.  Love everything about this outfit,  I would be perfectly happy if he wore this every day!!



On Me...
Earrings: Kendra Scott
Dress: Anthropologie, Moulinette Soeurs
Clutch: Christian Louboutin
Shoes: Christian Louboutin

On Chris...
Sport Coat: Bonobos
Dress Shirt: Armani
Pocket square: Nordstrom
Belt: Salvatore Ferragamo
Pants: Bonobos
Shoes: Salvatore Ferragamo


Here is a close up of my makeup and it gives you a good idea of how my hair was done.  Nothing too fancy, just fun.  This precious pup is not mine, we are dog sitting him.  He makes the picture though!


Hair: Blo Dry Bar
Makeup Artist: Texas de la Rosa

Xoxo,
B







No comments:

Post a Comment