IFB Icon

IFB Instagram

Saturday, May 18, 2013

Cork Obsessed

Cork isn't just for your wine bottle!  I first fell in love with cork accessories when I was about 9 years old.  My grandmother (whom I inherited my "sense of style" from) had a pair of cork Salvatore Ferragamo kitten heels and I was amazed that they could make a shoe out of corks!

Over the past few years I have slowly been able to buy my own cork goodies.  And to my surprise, this year , it's everywhere!  One of my staple stores, J.Crew has a ton of it this year.  I bought his stuff in early Spring but I am pretty sure they still have most of it!  My favorite cork "thing" are my Stuart Weitzman flats, seen below.  I originally bought them for our trip to the Hampton's last summer.  What says East Coast better than cork flats??  Some designers  (even my beloved staple, Louboutin) make a shiny cork, which I personally don't care for,due to it's lack of authenticity!  Cork isn't supposed to be shiny, it's supposed to be dry and rustic looking, it's cork!

Cork is a fabulous way to add  a touch of class to any outfit in the Spring, Summer & Fall!  Here are some of the many things you can buy in cork!  Please excuse my lack of hair and makeup today, we have an event this evening and I want to stay "fresh faced"!


Shirt: J. Crew
Dress: Express
Earrings: Tory Burch
Watch: Michele
Monogram Necklace: DKM Accessories
Arm Candy: Metals David Yurman Cork, J. Crew
Clutch: J. Crew
Flats: Stuart Weitzman



Cork iPhone Case


J. Crew bangle, as photographed on me above.


Love these cork wedges!  


I actually have this belt from J. Crew, it looks great with dresses and jeans!

This is the clutch I am holding above from J. Crew.



I bought this gem from American Apparel of all places!  Who knew that they too do East Coast style!

Xoxo, 
B




No comments:

Post a Comment